Jade Teta Metabolic Effect
Hormones are the REAL secret to fat loss!
Dr. Teta completed his undergraduate training at North Carolina State University, earning a bachelors of science in biochemistry. He then went on to study at Bastyr University in Seattle, Washington, widely regarded as “the Harvard of natural medicine.” There he earned his doctorate in naturopathic medicine, a distinct profession of primary care physicians who specialize in integrative and alternative medicine. Dr. Teta is a licensed family physician in Washington. Dr. Teta also has extensive experience in the field of fitness, having worked as a personal trainer for close to twenty years. He carries advanced certifications in fitness from the American College of Sports Medicine and the National Strength and Conditioning Association. His natural medicine background, along with his fitness expertise, has defined his healthcare specialties of hormonal weight loss and functional medicine approaches to chronic disease
Dr. Teta is also the developer of the rest-based training format for group exercise and personal training, and founded Metabolic Effect Inc. (ME) with his brother Keoni in 2005. ME is an exercise and lifestyle company specializing in individualized diet, exercise, and lifestyle approaches to fitness and fat loss.
Have a note pad and pen handy as this is 54 minutes of amazing fat loss and hormonal information that any serious group exercise instructor HAS to know!
The theme of this interview is Weight loss vs fat loss– why calories matter but hormones matter more. Manipulating hormones through diet and exercise turns weight loss into fat loss
Jade tackles questions such as;
What is the difference between weight loss and fat loss and why is that an important distinction?
– What do you mean by hormones?
– If hormones are what controls metabolism where do calories fit in?
– What is the difference between low calorie weight loss diets and hormonally balanced fat loss diets.
– Does exercise also work differently? Is there caloric exercise and also hormonal exercise? If so, whats the difference.
– Are there any athletic models we can pull from that illustrate the difference between weight loss and fat loss
– How do unfit and frail people do more intense exercise?
– What is rest-based exercise? How can group exercise instructors make sure than their classes stimulate the right hormones to create a fat burning effect
– Knowing that diet and exercise are so connected, should we eat certain things before or after exercise to increase fat loss?
– Are there other things that matter? Where do lifestyle factors like sleep, stress and mental emotional issues come in.
– What about supplements? Are they really necessary for fat loss?
To listen to this amazing interview click the image or play button below
If you would like more information regarding hormones, as well as The Metabolic Effect Group Exercise Class, then Click here Now